Sunday, July 3, 2011

A closer look...












Last night, when I was chatting with my friend about the difficulties of decluttering, and how if one has an easy opportunity, one should take it (that is, I would grab the boxes of childrens' toys and donate them before actually sitting and going through paperwork), I felt a bit revved up.

So I did some "fine" work: here you see CD-ROMs that are no longer viable, belonging to recycled computers and OS's that are 7 years out of date, as well as empty toner cartridges. The DVD's and CD's can go into our new Orange recycling bin and the toner cartridges will go to the recycling hof on Monday. I also went through a large box of "stuff" and turned it into a smaller box of paperwork and stuff and the remainder is in paper recycling or garbage.

This type of decluttering doesn't help the overall look and feel of the apartment, though, and I needed to wind this session up with a 10 minute run through that cleaned off surfaces (that had gotten covered while I was digging through bins) and reducing it to a state of visual order: that's what makes the room and the soul calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment