Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting 2012

Starting the year off with a reinvigorated decluttering drive, I thought that I would take a page from another blogger who wants to de-access 2012 items in 2012.

I'm not going to make rules as stringent as hers, because this blog is meant to hearten me as I deal with what seems a never-ending accumulation of possessions: there are 4 of us and we have a small place. My goal is to strengthen my resolve by looking at what I have removed from my surroundings while sometimes feeling as if what I do will never end nor improve. But it clearly does.

So, I think I will count some of my discards, but I certainly won't count every item in a pile of paper. I won't count normal recycling and consumables, but I will count what I consider abnormal ones.
  • 1. Recycled paper, but not just ordinary inserts, also menus and other long-term paper pulled while clearing drawers.
  • 2. Recycled paper, including instruction manuals (in Spanish as well!) for cameras I no longer have, associated ownership materials, business survey research materials and magazines- which I will include because I accumulate them until I actually read them (and get them in chunks, rather than at news stands).
  • 3. Recycled fabric- clothing and other cloth items stained, burned and used up.
  • 4. Annoyingly chintzy, came in a children's magazine, toy that I persuaded my daughter to part with:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment